Saturday, July 23, 2011

Logo design to stand the test of time



coca cola logotype

If you follow logo design you’ve probably seen more than 1 blog about Pepsi’s latest branding ( 11 rebrands so far… ) receiving a lot of flak, while Coca-Cola manages to regularly produce something fresh time and time again while maintaining their one and only logotype.
The below time line shows Pepsi’s 11 re-brands over the last century, while excluding a few tweaks, Coca-Cola’s logotype has served them for over 100 years.


lasting-logo-design

Personally i think 1991 was about perfect, and Pepsi should have stopped there. Below are their classic cans
which anyone would recognize, while their latest rebrand is quite a swing and will take some time to sink in.

classic pepsi design

Will your logo stand the test of time?
I doubt I’ll be here in 100 years to see if my personal logo design still works, but I’m confident it will serve me to the end. How about yours?

1 comment:

  1. Hey dude…good article. You are the best writer that I have come across so far. You have a knack for words, I must say. I have bookmarked your web page. Please keep writing such wonderful blogs. For freelancers, who are working to earn the extra bucks…your article is worth millions of dollars. You are my FPG (friend, philosopher and guide)! I have wholeheartedly stepped into the freelance zone and checked out some sites like sell and buy brochures,freelance social media, and www.zopgraphics.com. You have woken me up to the possibilities of marketplaces. Thank you and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete